I’ve committed to
1. turn in an essay by 5 p.m. for a local contest called “The Iron Pen.”
2. I think the prizes is that I get to sign up to be volunteer of the month for this community based writing group.
3. I might rather have cash.
4. I don’t want to finish what I’ve started writing.
5. My son is going to wake up any second needing breakfast and blaring cartoons.
6. The toilets are dirty,
7. I’m guessing yours are also.
8. I’m nervous about meeting new people today.
9. I’m not confident that I can finish well what started as, I think, something interesting.
10. I’m going to be 45 years old in 7 days.